Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back from the Home of Mickey Mouse



The Dollface and I had a wonderful, wonderful vacation. This time it was all blue skies and sunshine. I loved it, she loved it, we loved it!!! We arrived in Orlando early Friday morning, picked up our rental car and headed straight to SeaWorld. I had said since we couldn't check in to our hotel until 4, we might as well take in a park on the very first day, so we did.

SeaWorld is sooooooo much calmer than the Disney theme parks. They've added a water park right across the street but we didn't go to it but trust we went to quite a few other tourist traps!!

Couldn't get over how Shamu is still able to perform after killing a trainer. I kept thinking about it as we were watching that show. The trainers didn't get in the water with the killer whales like they used to do but they also said they were starting a new show this week and maybe they were getting back in the water again??? Who knows?

The dolphin and whale show was pretty cool. The trainers still get in the water and ride the dolphins. We saw the Shark Encounter, where the sharks swim above our heads and the penguin exhibit with soooo many adorable tuxedos running around.

The seal and otter show was cute too. Our first day in Florida was quite enjoyable.

The next day we hit Epcot, which I seriously hadn't planned on going but they advertised a couple of new rides on tv and the Doll wanted to go there and so did I after seeing the coolness of Soarin'. Didn't complete the World Showcase because my chica wasn't really interested in the other countries. We did take a ride in Norway and met up with Donald Duck in Mexico. So all was not lost. We had a good time in future world with Soarin' being the best ride of all in Epcot. Long day to say the least but we hit the pool for an hour that night before crashing. The weather was magnificent. High 80's and 90's the entire time so a night swim was just perfect!! Best ride in Epcot for us both was Soarin'.

The third day we went to The Magic Kingdom. I don't care how many times I go to Disney that castle is GORG!!!!! I wanna be a damn princess too!!!! Parents had their daughters decked out in full I MEAN FULL princess costumes. Um, Imma need them to chill with that foolishness. First off it's hot as fugging fish grease and you got your little princess in a big azz ball gown, slippers, hair all cutesied up, glitter and ish all over their little faces for what???? Hell do that ish first thing in the morn, take a damn pic with the princesses and take that hot azz ish off!!! Poor chillen' walking around all dehydrated looking and whatnot!! LOL!!! We were in line for the speedway and this little girl told her mom take this glitter sticker off of my face!!!! Baby was like I'm done-T mom!!! That child needed on some shorts and a cute princess T and that's it. Folks be doing too much, hell!!

We walked that park til my feet said, "Fugg you let's go!!!" I mean I literally couldn't walk another step. My legs were sooooo heavy and they were seriously hurting. I think we left Disney around 7:30ish and we got there at 9:00 that morning. Best ride there for me was Space Mountain. Best ride for Dollface was that water ride that had me sopping wet!!!

The next day was going to be the Ultimate!!!! Universal Islands of Adventure!!!! I love this freakin' park. Big kid at heart here!!! Ok and since we had been going from park to park and standing in long ass lines, I couldn't do it another day. So I opted to buy us both Express passes. With these we could bypass the long lines and head straight to the front of the line. LOVED THAT!!! Folks were giving us dirty looks all day long!!!! I ain't even care!!!! Longest line that we didn't have to stand in was two hours, we got on in less that 2 minutes. So worth my $345.00. Yep two tickets with express passes was that much fuggin money but I'd do it again in a heartbeat cause we rode on just about everything and walked around the park three times. I shole nuff got my exercise in while on vacay TRUST!!!! Best rides would have to be Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Dr. Doom and Spiderman. The Harry Potter Pavillion is pretty new and Awesome with a capital A!!!! Dollface would not under any circumstances get on the Hulk again this year. Or the Dueling Dragons. She was not having it!! I could not sway her to get on and believe me I begged because the Hulk is a fantastic thrilling ride. Oh and The Forbidden Journey has no express pass get thru. You have to stand in line to ride it. *SUCKS* They need to find a new way to get people into HP pavillion too because it was kinda chaotic and borderline crowd crushing. If someone had fallen, baby it would have been over!!! Too many folks in an over crowded area, SO NOT COOL!!!

Worst part of the day for me was when the battery on my camera died and I didn't have my back up camera AND they didn't sell any digital batteries in the whole entire park. So i bought one of those disposable ones for $21.00 fuggin dollars #RIPOFF!!!! I was embarrassed as hell!!!

Best ride was hands down Harry Potter and the FJ!!! With the other two closely following. Dollface said HP and another water ride that had me soaked to the bone all day long!!!

We got to the park at 10:00am and left at 10:00pm. Left there totally exhausted and promised myself no park the next day eventhough we were supposed to do Universal Studios, which is directly on the other side of the park. Told the kid that a couple of rides were broken. *Forgive me father for I have sinned* Uh, lemme preface this by saying that while researching a guy said 3 rides were broken when he was there 2 days prior, so I wasn't taking any chances because they do not refund your money and the last time I was at US, Jaws and King Kong were broken. We'll go next time. Like in 10 years next time. Cause a sista has much lighter pockets and needs a JOB!!!!

Our last full day there Dollface slept in til 10. My babydoll was wiped out!!! We totally chilled out this day, did a little shopping, ate, swam and ate some more.

I'm soooo glad we went. We had an absolutely wonderful vacation, with fabulous warm, sunny weather which I soooooooo love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment